A capsule wardrobe is a collection of essential items of clothing that can be used to build a wardrobe from scratch. Here’s my list of 20 pieces to build a capsule collection.
- White shirt
- Embellished dressy top
- Grey t-shirt
- Off shoulder/cold shoulder top
- Crop top
- High waisted black trouser
- Track pants
- Black leggings
- Little Black Dress
- Red Dress
- Summer day dress
- Black pencil skirt or A-line skirt
- Maxi skirt
How to Style
- Wear your embellished dressy top with a skirt or pallazos
- Wear your grey t-shirt with track pants, maxi skirt, jeans or shorts
- Wear your off shoulder/cold shoulder top with jeans or skirts
- Wear your crop top with a maxi skirt or high waisted trousers
- Wear your white shirt with jeans, trousers, shorts or a pencil skirt
- Wear your saree with an elaborate blouse for festivals and other celebrations. For more casual occasions, wear a simple blouse with your saree.
- Wear your kurta with leggings or pallazos
- Wear your Little Black Dress to parties or nights-out
- Wear your red dress to a dinner date or a fancy event
- A day dress is ideal for brunches or when you go out shopping
- If you live in a place that gets cold in the winters, you need to have a nice warm coat in black, grey or tan and a good sweater in preferably a grey or a blush tone, so that it can be worn with almost all of your outfits
There are so many other ways to style these pieces according to the occasion, the weather, your mood and where you live. Hope these pieces of clothing are a good start to those of you who are planning to rebuild their wardrobe.
Would love to read your thoughts on this, ladies!